Monday, November 16, 2009

Joy To The World Quilt


Holy cow, this is a lot of applique! My mom and I worked on our quilts together, and she had hers finished two years before me. That's right, years!


I absolutely love the finished product!


A close-up of the applique


My excuse for this one is BABIES. In fact, I call this my baby-interrupted quilt. I began working on this quilt and finished the majority of the applique by about the time my oldest had just turned one (I wish I had realized how much more free time I had then!). Then pregnancy and moving stopped all creative flows for many months. I finally got the borders on and attempted a little bit of hand quilting here and there, but with no real time and a colicky baby to try to calm - nothing was accomplished. Trying to decide what to quilt in the borders stopped all progression on the quilt, and then another baby came along. With even less time and less space.... *sigh* That was a hard time in my creative life! In February 2009 just after my youngest turned one I finally finished this beauty!

And now I finally have a house with room for Christmas decorations. Hallelujah! I can't wait to hang it up! Be prepared for pictures.