Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pink and Yellow Quilt


Finally a finish to post!


This quilt came about out of -- you guessed it! -- scraps. I used the yellow check I found at the thrift store matched with some white scraps on hand and two floral yardages I had no idea how to use. The pattern is a disappearing nine patch, one of my new favorites since there are so many placement options. I liked this placement because a secondary yellow whirligig pattern appeared. This quilt is so wrinkly from being folded, waiting for the sunshine that never appears here in the Midwest. Finally a sunny day to snap some pictures!


Straight-line quilting 1/4-inch from intersections


Yellow bias binding -- I absolutely love plaid bias binding!


A closer view of secondary whirligig pattern


A closeup of a corner, the floral border, and the quilting

Specs:
68"x53"
5" nine patches
5 1/2" borders