Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Finished Dollhouse Roof


I've been wanting a dollhouse for the girls forever and I finally scored one at a rummage sale! The previous owners had of course slapped stickers all over the roof and colored all over the whole thing with crayon and pen. Well, trusty old Magic Eraser erased the markings, but could only do so much magic with sticker marks. So I determined a new roof was in order!

The finished product!


Quilting roof scallops


Bias tape to finish the little roof pockets


Closeup of the finished roof back


The finished roof front with scallops

Fun project, but much more in-depth than I thought it would be. And can I just say I followed Fons and Porters instructions on curved binding exactly and I must have done something wrong because it was so frustrating trying to make the curves miter. But I'm happy with the end project!

Now to find a place for it....