Monday, January 11, 2010

My Scrappy Runner


One night I was feeling in the mood to sew, didn't really have a project in mind, and was eyeing that horrible peach-and-burgundy (really? who puts those colors together?) fabric I have had on my shelf for three years now. So I matched it with a few others from my stash and tried a new pattern ("Linda's Simple Trios" from Mostly Table Runners by Calico Printworks).

Crinkled from washing and drying.
I love how it turned out, just not the colors.


Burgundy binding -- love it!

Side note: I picked the fabric up from a free rummage table my church had three years ago thinking it might be cute with the right colors. Well, I think I thought wrong. But at least it is off my shelf, along with all my batting scraps which I pieced together. My favorite part, besides the fact it was 100% FREE? I got to practice machine quilting! Next time, though, I'm using fabric I LOVE.


Posted by Picasa